Named after “Fancy” Steinmann”, Dr. Elle Sugerman’s grandmother, the Steinmann Institute promotes the principles of the Steinmann Family who established a lifestyle of enduring compassion for those in need.
The Steinmann Institute is a multi-specialty clinical facility committed to providing necessary clinical neuropsychological services specially designed to meet the needs of persons who have acquired a brain injury or who have noticed neurofunctional decline, which may, or may not, be associated with a dementing process.
Since 2011, the doctors of the Steinmann Institute have offered specialty services for the following types of referrals:
- FAA Neuropsychological Evaluation for medical clearance
- HIMS Neuropsychological Evaluation for FAA medical clearance
- Sports Related Concussion
- ImPACT [Immediate Post-Concussion Assessment and Cognitive Testing] FIRST Concussion-specific Medical Device to receive FDA clearance (pre-season and post-concussion follow-up)
- Neuropsychological Exams for Rehabilitation planning
- Traumatic Brain Injury, including Neuropsychological Exams for long term effects of TBI
- Neuropsychological Exams for differential diagnosis of possible dementia (including the possible effects of Alzheimer’s, Fronto-temporal Dementia, Vascular Dementia, Dementia with Lewy Bodies, Parkinson’s associated Dementia)
- Follow-up Neuropsychological Exams to track the course of a dementing disorder
- Life-care planning for families managing a loved one with a dementing disorder.
- Neuropsychological exams for persons with sudden, or progressive, mental status changes
- Neuropsychological exams for neurological disorders with associated neurobehavioral effects (eg, Multiple Sclerosis, Huntington’s Chorea, etc.)
- Neuropsychological exams for neurobehavioral effects associated with Seizure Disorders
- Neuropsychological Exams to identify baseline dysfunction after CVA, with follow-up exams to identify the course of neurofunctional recovery in order to provide recommendations for rehabilitation efforts.
- Learning Disability
- Neurodevelopmental Disorders
- Neuropsychological Exams for persons with a history of Substance Abuse to rule out long-term neurofunctional decline
- Eating Disorders
- Neuropsychological Exams to determine neurobehavioral contributions to mental health disorders/psychiatric disorders